Monday, May 5, 2014

Beers, Lies and Alibis (Warbler's Point Series Book Two) by Meghan Quinn Spotlight with Review


Synopsis:
The Warblers Point series is back and it’s not all beers and Irish accents this time, revenge is being sought after and Murphy and Sophie won’t give up until they’re back on top. 

After the embarrassing display of Liam and Finn fighting over NOT wanting Sophie in her front yard, the gossip vine has made her to look like the town tramp which she isn’t and it has not only affected her social life but her business life as well and she only has the O’Leary boys to thank for it. 

Murphy Ryan, hunky Irishman of Warblers Point, can’t stand the fact that he lost his girl to pretty boy Booker James, aka The Sheila. After Murphy lost Fiona, he realized he wants her back in his life because he believes they belong together. He will do whatever it takes to make sure Fiona is back in his arms and as far away from the California boy as possible. 

Watch how Murphy and Sophie take it upon themselves to not only seek revenge but get what they want at any cost, no matter who they hurt. The lives, relationships and sanity of the O’Leary family are tested, questioned and pushed to the brink in the second book of the Warblers Point Series: Beers, Lies and Alibis. 

My Review: 5 stars
Meghan sure know how to get my heart racing. That's for sure. This is the second book in the series and if you haven't read the first, go do it before you read this one. Meghan has a way of grabbing me and pulling me into the books she writes by having fantastic, multiple plot lines and characters that are so damn great. 
This book starts off about two months after the end of Beers, Hens and Irishmen, the first book. Fiona and Booker are in California, and Fiona is definitely feeling out of her element. Can't say I blame her one bit. It would be intimidating as hell for a regular person to all of a sudden start attending Hollywood parties and being compared to models and actresses. Sophie and Murphy begin their plot for revenge, but it goes too far once someone is hospitalized and in a coma as a result. Finn is still pining for Blair, Booker's sister, and decides to write letters to her everyday to win her affection. Brilliant plan, I thought. 
Everything relationship-wise for Fiona and Booker starts to get out of control, with Murphy hitting on Fiona and Murphy's cousin, Keara, hitting on Booker. They both stand their ground, but still things get out of hand. A cousin of the O'Leary's comes to town to help out, and he makes an instant connection with Tipper. Which pisses Bradon off, cause I think he secretly wants her for himself, not that he'll admit it. 
Things move along for Liam and Neala, they make progress with their relationship. Murphy wisely concluded that him and Sophie never should have begun their revenge plot, and they fall into bed together. Sophie is a woman scorned when she wakes alone and plots further revenge on her own. Then all hell breaks loose at once and things start falling apart, while others move back together. The end is one hell of a cliffhanger, and I am going to be going crazy until I can find out what happened and who survived and who is still standing together. 

About Meghan Quinn


When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the Contemporary Romance genre and was sold and I haven't turned back since.

You can either find my head buried in my Kindle, listening to inspiring heart ripping music or typing away on the computer twisting and turning the lives of my characters while driving my readers crazy with anticipation.

​I currently reside in beautiful Colorado Springs where the sun is always shining and there is a trail waiting to be hiked on every corner. I share a lovely and warm home with the love of my life and my five, four-legged children.

No comments:

Post a Comment