Title: Reaching Rachel
Series: Living Again #2
Author: L.L. Collins
Release Date: January 19, 2014
Genre: Contemporary Romance
SynopsisRachel has always been seen as a wild child, never committing or settling down. She wants it that way, so that no one ever finds out the truth. Deep down, she is crushed over something that happened years ago that resulted in losing the only man she ever loved. Then she meets someone who tries to convince her that she’s ready to commit again. But some things are not what they seem. Realizing too late that she’s in over her head, and with her life on the line, she comes face to face with her past in a way she never thought possible. Devin was in love once, and it destroyed him, making him swear off love forever. After a promotion and subsequent move unexpectedly brings him into the middle of her dangerous situation, he must come face to face with his past and to the woman who broke him into pieces. But she needs help. Desperately. And maybe, just maybe, he didn't know the real truth of their past. Can he help her survive the terrible ordeal she's been through, and during it all, can he safeguard his heart from her? Or will the truth of the pain that has kept them apart show him that he can't live without her after all?
ExcerptRachel lifted her face and pressed a kiss to her favorite arm her spot. “Devin, all of these years, I’ve been trying so hard to replace you, to make my mind forget by filling it with…men. But, every time, Dev. Every single time, I was disappointed. No one can ever be you because you are the only one for me. And to answer your question, yes. I’m more than okay. That wasn’t just sex, Devin. That was you, bringing me back to life. I want to do that over, and over and over again. And next time,” she rolled over to face him, a glint in her eye. “I want it like I know you wanted to do it this time. Hard, fast, and in whatever position you want it. We had some fabulous times together. Let’s do that again.” “I want nothing more than to do it all,” Devin said, his voice low. “But don’t mistake what just happened for me just being gentle on you. I wanted to make love to you, to show you what you mean to me. I can tell you all day long, but I wanted you to feel it; feel me. My heart is beating only for you. My body is yours. I love you, Rachel.” She climbed back on top of him, pressing her body against him. “Devin,” she said, her face even with his. Pressing kisses to his eyes, nose, then lips, her body started shaking. Why was this so hard for her? She knew it like she knew her own name, but saying it was so difficult for her. “I…” She dipped her head down and kissed his ear, running her tongue along it, then his neck. When goose bumps broke out on his body, she grinned against his neck. Going back to his lips, she put her hands against his face and looked at him in the eyes. “I love your eyes,” she whispered. “And your face. God help me, that body is to die for. But Devin?” “Yes.” “What I really love?” Rachel paused, willing her body to stop quivering. “Is you. I always have.” There, that wasn’t so bad. “I have since the night I met you, and I’ve never stopped. All this time, all these years, it’s only been you for me, Dev. I know we have shit to work through. But, I love you. I do. I don’t think there will ever be a moment where I’m not completely and totally in love with you.”
Nickelback - Far Away
Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball
Katy Perry - Roar
Aerosmith - I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing
Staind - It’s Been Awhile
Daughtry - Crawling Back to You
Christina Perri - A Thousand Years
Lifehouse - Hanging by a Moment
One Republic - Counting Stars
Jason Derulo - Marry Me
Katy Perry - Unconditionally
Sara Barellis - Brave
Avril Lavigne - Let Go
Bruno Mars - Gorilla
Eminem/Rhianna - The Monster
Imagine Dragons - Demons
Daughtry - Wild Heart
Daughtry - Broken Arrows
Katy Perry - Part of Me
Alicia Keys - Brand New Me
Olly Murs - Dear Darlin’
Ellie Goulding - How Long Will I Love You
Celine Dion - Loved Me Back to Life
Daughtry - It’s Not Over
Daughtry - Waiting for Superman
Katy Perry - The One That Got Away
Bruno Mars - Treasure
Bruno Mars - Grenade
About the Author
Purchase Living Again (Living Again Series #1) on sale for $1.99!
Signed paperback of Reaching Rachel (US Only), (2) $5 gift card to Amazon or B&N, Swag pack (US Only)
20 Fun Facts about LL Collins
1. I wrote a series when I was a kid called “Camp Sticks”.
2. I have always wanted to own a bridal shop with my best friend (I worked at one in college).
3. I met my husband when I was 16 and he was 18. We’ve been together ever since (15 years married this year).
4. I got ‘penalized’ when I was in college in my Writing Workshop classes for always tying my stories into “little bows” (otherwise known as HEA’s) at the end. I don’t like to write cliffhangers, and who wants a sad ending?
5. I was going to be an occupational therapist, but changed my junior year to go with my passion.
6. I’ve been an elementary teacher for over 10 years.
7. I live in the sunny state of Florida, and have my entire life.
8. I have two boys (that are my world) and am completely outnumbered in my house.
9. Two of my closest friends I’ve had since I was in elementary school.
10. I have a love of all things Starbucks after hating coffee most of my life.
11. I’m a very sarcastic person.
12. I’m the oldest child in my family, and that’s why I’m always the boss.
13. I’m a control freak (see #12).
14. I’ve always wanted to travel overseas but haven’t gotten to yet (maybe soon!).
15. I’m completely addicted to my iPhone. If it dies I feel like a limb has been cut off.
16. I’m a procrastinator because I work better under pressure.
17. I’m actually pretty shy, even though I can fake it well.
18. I’m a die-hard Florida State Seminoles fan (and alumni).
19. I secretly wish I could have a cook and a maid.
20. People think I’m a tough cookie, but I actually am quite sensitive.