Friday, March 21, 2014

Rock It (Rule Breakers Book #1) by Jennifer Chance with Review

For gals who love bad boys and musicians, Jennifer Chance brings ROCK IT, the first novel in Rule Breakers, a sizzling New Adult series published by Random House’s LoveSwept imprint.

Want to learn more about ROCK IT? Be sure to check out this exclusive interview with Jennifer Chance!


About ROCK IT
Jennifer Chance unleashes her hot new series with the tale of a smoldering rock star and the fangirl who catches his eye—and finds herself living out her wildest dreams.

Lacey Dawes is a total pro at the talent agency where she works, and it doesn’t hurt that IMO Worldwide Media represents Dante Falcone. The rock god has starred in her fantasies since she was sixteen—and remains her secret crush to this day. So when Dante picks her to be the interim manager on his Dream It tour, Lacey can’t believe her luck. Handling Dante is sure to be the most exquisite, spine-tingling, nerve-wracking mix of business and pleasure ever.

Although Dante is grateful for the adoring fans who scream for one more of his full-throttle, soul-searing songs, being surrounded by a cadre of corporate types backstage is wearing thin. Then Lacey shows up. Yeah, she’s organized, smart, quick to get him what he wants before he knows he wants it—but Dante senses there’s something else going on with sweet, sexy Lacey. One kiss tells him what that “something” might be . . . and makes him hungry for more.

On Sale: March 04, 2014

Available for pre-order at:
 
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Books-A-Million |BooksOnBoard |eBooks.com |Google Play |Diesel eBook Store |iBooks |Kobo |Powells |Sony

My Review: 4 1/2 stars
This book really was a dream come true. For every fan girl who has loved and followed her rock star, this is a chance to live vicariously through Lacey, when she get to live out her fantasies with the rock star of her dreams. This was really well written, and I could relate to  Lacey's being torn between taking the risk of a lifetime by being with Dante and losing everything, and remaining in control and having to lose what may very well be her only chance to have her fantasies come true. In my opinion, her fantasies were surpassed, because that's what happens when it's REAL, and not a fantasy. When it's real, it's so much better. Dante, for his part, knows that there's something that Lacey is hiding from him. He just can't figure it out. He knows he is drawn to her, he just can't figure out why. Not until Lacey's boss pulls something that completely embarrasses and humiliates Lacey. Then Dante really finds out exactly how much Lacey knows about him, and that she truly cares for him and has for a really long time. There are twist and turns, and Lacey believing that everything was an act and walking away. Will she give Dante a real chance at making her dreams come true? I really enjoyed reading this book. Jennifer did a great job, and the characters were very easy to like and relate to. I'm looking forward to many more books by Jennifer in this Rule Breaker series.

About Jennifer Chance
I come by romance honestly, having spent several years writing adult romance and entering romance contests through Romance Writers of America–including finaling twice in the prestigious Golden Heart contest and winning once. But despite these and other contest wins, my first published novel came not in adult romance, but as a writer of YA historical fiction (you can read all about my Elizabethan spy girls stories, the Maids of Honor, here.)

Still, despite my love of Elizabethan spies, I could never quite give up those super Alpha contemporary romance heroes. So, in the summer of 2013, I decided to see if perhaps I might still have a romance or two up my sleeve.

I wrote a tale about a girl whose biggest high-school and college crush–a rock star–suddenly becomes her biggest client, only now she has to be professional and not betray the fact that she’s completely in love with the guy. It was a fun, sexy, romantic fantasy, and I suggested the idea to my agent… who asked what other ideas I had in addition to this story. Shortly after, the Rule Breakers series was born.

To separate these books from my historical work, I adopted the name Jennifer Chance. I am now pursuing my dreams (pretty much round the clock as it turns out) and am THRILLED to be able to have four e-books coming out in 2014 and early 2015, all with Random House LoveSwept’s New Adult romance line.

As to what will happen from here, who knows? But as long as there is a story to be written and an HEA to be had, I’ll be the one over in the corner, tapping away on my keyboard.

Connect with Jennifer at her Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads


2 comments:

  1. Kirsten, hello! Thank you so much for hosting me on your blog and for taking the time to read and review Rock It! I'm absolutely thrilled you enjoyed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really enjoyable book Jennifer! I'm looking forward to reading more in the series. :)

      Delete