Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Rancher's Second Chance by Victoria James with Review


Title: The Rancher’s Second Chance

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Author: Victoria James
Publisher: Entangled Indulgence
Language: English


Synopsis:                      
Widowed rancher Cole Forrester is all about running his family’s ranch and guarding his heart. The last thing he’s looking for is love, but when his little sister can’t make it home to handle some of her wedding details, he’s forced to entertain the event planner, Melanie Simms. Melanie is everything he’s not even remotely interested in: she’s high-society, complicated, and high maintenance. But when he’s stranded with her at his remote cabin in the Colorado mountains, he realizes he’s seriously underestimated her. She’s hiding something about her past from him, but despite everything, he finds himself falling for the last woman he ever expected, and the first woman to make him want to give his heart and risk everything…


My Review: 4 1/2 stars
I really enjoyed this story about Cole and Melanie. Cole had thought he knew who Melanie was based on assumptions and man, was he wrong. Cole had no intentions of getting involved with her at all, she's his little sister's friend - not gonna happen. Never say never, my friend, because that's usually when something does happen. Boy, does it ever. Melanie is just at the ranch to finish getting things ready for her best friends wedding. She didn't intend on anything happening either. Melanie knows that Cole has been through a lot with his wife passing away 5 years ago, and he just doesn't seem to like her. She was wrong about that. One night changes everything for Cole and Melanie when they get stranded, get drunk and get to talking and a little more. 

I really liked the way that once Cole realized he had feelings for Melanie he pursued her, despite his own earlier wishes. Once he gets to know who she really is, he falls even harder for her. Melanie for her part, falls for Cole, it was so easy once he let her in. Then she realizes that he's going to do something that would be a mistake to be involved in and tries to warn him. That doesn't go over very well, at all. She walks away, because she has to. Cole has a second chance at love with Melanie, does he let that slip away because of business? You'll have to read it to find out! It's very well written, and I enjoyed reading it. I really liked Gage and Mrs. H also, great characters all around. 

ABOUT VICTORIA JAMES
 I always knew I wanted to be a writer and in grade five, I penned my first story, bound it (with staples) and a cardboard cover and did all the illustrations myself (if you’ve ever seen my drawings you’ll know how horrible they must have been. I still draw stick figures). Luckily, this book will never see the light of day again.
In high school I fell in love with historical romance and then contemporary romance. After graduating University with an English Literature degree, I married my own hero, pursued a degree in Interior Design and then opened my own business.

After the birth of our first child, I knew it was time to fulfill the dream of writing romantic fiction. I’m a hopeless romantic who is living my dream, penning happily-ever-after’s for my characters in between managing kids and the family business. Writing on a laptop in the middle of the country in a rambling old Victorian house would be ideal, but I’m quite content living in suburbia with my husband, our two young children, and very bad cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment