Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saved by the Spell by Casey Keen with Review & Excerpt



Title: Saved by the Spell (Book Two of the Anna Wolfe Series)
Author: Casey Keen
Genre: Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Romance
Release Date: October 11, 2013
Tour Host: Lady Amber's Tours
  
Blurb:
Two worlds in danger.

A Grand Witch behind bars.

A stunning Werewolf and a devilishly handsome Warlock’s pursuit for her affections.

You think you have it bad? Grand Witch Anna Wolfe awakens to find herself imprisoned by Micah, the Prince of Darkness. Micah’s on a quest for world domination—and it’s not just the Netherworld that’s in danger. The human world is threatened as well. Now, it’s up to Anna to escape from Micah's clutches so she can locate The Scholars and an ancient book before both falls into the wrong hands.

With a fiercely loyal Werewolf and immensely powerful Warlock by her side, what can go wrong? 

A lot apparently. 

If fighting off the Prince of Darkness wasn’t enough, Anna’s emotions are a whirlwind, as she battles between what fate demands and what she actually wants.

Excerpt: 
Heat flows under my skin like lava, boiling in my chest. I shift in the prison chair, hoping to displace my sudden fury. Micah turns back to me, smiling like a child.
“Ah, Valen,” he smiles coyly, “your Achilles heel.”
Hearing Valen’s name passing through his repulsive lips angers me more. “I'm going to kill you,” I promise him.
Micah strides over to me, bending down until he's right next to my ear. “I'm going to find him Anna... then I'm going to torture him over and over again while you watch,” he whispers softly, lightly grazing my earlobe with his lip. “I'm going to kill him right in front of you and once I’m finished with him, I am going to kill all of your family and friends—one by one, until you have no one left but me,” he finishes. “You are mine Anna, and nothing you can do will ever change that.”
My jaw tightens and I grind my teeth in anger. I squirm violently, attempting to spell the bindings off me. Rage takes over, blinding me of all rational thoughts. I need to get out of this chair and save Valen—as well as everyone else. The constraints refuse to budge and my magic is still unresponsive. I calm down unwillingly, deciding to conserve my energy. I glower at Micah as he throws his head back, laughing victoriously. 

My Review: 4 1/2 stars
This was a really good book. I liked that there were so many different paranormal beings involved in the storyline. Absolutely loved the chemistry between Anna and Valen, but thought there wasn't enough of them. I really liked the bit about the bonds, that was interesting reading. Makes me wonder where the series will head, especially with the ending that happened in this book. 

I felt badly for Anna, because of the attraction she feels to both Valen and Roman. But she makes her choice and the other party has a hard time with that. Hated Micah, smug little bastard. I really wanted to wipe the smirk off his face. I really enjoyed the storyline and world that Casey has created. It's unique and different. Always love that. The characters were fantastic, and I really loved Martello, he was like comedic relief when things got too serious. Definitely a good series, and love finding a new author to read as well. 

Author Bio:

I was born in Philadelphia, PA and grew up in the suburban outskirts of this amazing city. I love anything paranormal and/or supernatural - seriously I live in Philadelphia! For those of you who don’t know, this city is an awesomely haunted place! This healthy paranormal addiction has provided me the motivation to write my first book, “I’ll Be Damned.” I graduated from Drexel University with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and I'm currently working on the Anna Wolfe Series

Links:
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7020153.Casey_Keen
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorcasey.keen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnnaWolfeSeries




No comments:

Post a Comment