Sunday, July 13, 2014

Love and Shenanigans (Ballybeg #1) by Zara Keane with Review


Blurb for Love and Shenanigans:
Vows in Vegas…

Three days before leaving Ireland on the adventure of a lifetime, Fiona Byrne returns to her small Irish hometown to attend the family wedding from hell. When she discovers the drunken vows she exchanged with the groom during a wild Las Vegas trip eight years previously mean they’re legally married, her future plans ricochet out of control. Can she untangle herself from the man who broke her heart so long ago? Does she even want to?

…True Love in Ballybeg.

Gavin Maguire’s life is low on drama, high on stability, and free of pets. But Gavin hadn’t reckoned on Fiona blasting back into his life and crashing his wedding. In the space of twenty-four hours, he loses a fiancée and a job, and gains a wife and a labradoodle. Can he salvage his bland-but-stable life? More importantly, can he resist losing his heart to Fiona all over again?

My Review: 5 stars
What a fantastic beginning to this series! I loved Fiona and her fiesty, take no crap attitude. I seriously wanted to slap her cousin, Muireen, upside the head a few times right from the start. What a bitch! I was at the same time horrified and laughing out loud when Fiona found the marriage certificate from Vegas for her and Gavin. Oh, Gavin is supposed to be marrying Fiona's cousin, Muireen the day she finds the certificate. Shenanigans do indeed proceed. From that point forward, things are a right mess. I do have to say that I'm glad I'm not living in Ireland if it takes 5 years to get a divorce, I'm so not that patient. Fiona has to change her plans from a vacation, to staying to take care of her Aunt's shop and her Aunt Bridie. All the while, her and Gavin get closer. I truly loved the ending of this book and am so glad that I had the opportunity to read this on behalf of the author. Zara did a wonderful job writing this book. I loved the characters and all the shenanigans. I truly cannot wait until the next book! Zara completely pulled me into her story and I loved every bit from start to finish.


AUTHOR BIO
Zara Keane grew up in Dublin, Ireland, but spent her summers in a small town very similar to the fictitious Ballybeg.

She currently lives in Switzerland with her family. When she’s not writing or wrestling small people, she drinks far too much coffee, and tries – with occasional success – to resist the siren call of Swiss chocolate.

Link to Author Site: http://zarakeane.com


No comments:

Post a Comment