Saturday, June 28, 2014

Emma's Home (The Fairfield Series Book #1) by MaryAnn Jordan with Review

Emma's Home cover
SynopsisHeader
Emma Dodd has always taken care of everyone. She raised her niece when they were orphaned and she cares for the students that she works with. Deciding to move to Fairfield where her niece now lives, she was hoping to finally find a place to call home. Jake Campbell, was gorgeous enough to catch any woman’s eye, but he had a hard time finding the right one for him. A Fairfield detective, he lives with his mother to help care for her since she was diagnosed with a debilitating disease. After meeting Emma, he knows he has met the woman of his dreams. Now he just has to convince the independent Emma that it is time someone took care of her.
While helping one of her students, Emma becomes suspicious of criminal activity in her new town. Will Jake be able to save Emma in time for them to build a life together?

GoodreadsButton


My Review: 4 1/2 stars
Such a good book. I know I've read them out of order, but it seems right to me. I started with Laurie's Time, and reading Emma's Home afterward just makes more sense to me. That was Laurie's already there, and I know what's going on with her and Rob, not to mention Carol and Tom. I really loved how open both Jake and Emma's hearts were. When they found someone they cared about, they did everything possible to care for them within their means. Neither one did things half way. So when Emma met Jake and he said he would protect and care for her, I'm pretty sure that neither one of them thought forever. Jake is a police officer and takes care of his Mom. That's usually a deal breaker for girls. Not Emma though, she things it's great that he would do that for someone he loves. Emma is the counselor at the High School and she starts noticing weird things with some of her students. She tries to gain attention, but keeps getting shot down. Things get really complicated when she starts receiving threatening notes at her home. Then thing just really start happening, both in her private life and in her real life. Emma and Jake together = HOT!!! When he goes all alpha on her, seriously smokin'. Serious plot twists and mishaps occur, with Emma wondering if she'll make it out alive. As I said, this is the first book in the Fairfield Series, but still makes complete sense even if you read it after. Excellent story line, and I really loved learning more about the characters. Great book from start to finish. 

Emma's Home full cover
AuthorBioHeader
I have always been an avid reader. Last year I started a blog to showcase wonderful writers. In 2014, I finally gave in the the characters in my head pleading for their story to be told. Thus, Emma's Home was created. I work as a counselor in a high school and have been involved in education for the past 30 years. I have been married to a wonderfully patient man for 32 years and have 2 adult, very supportive daughters. When writing, my dog or one of my cats will usually be found in my lap! I love to hear from readers, so please email me!



No comments:

Post a Comment