Friday, June 13, 2014

Dragon's Lair by Chantal Fernando with Gveaway & Review



Title: Dragon's Lair
Author: Chantal Fernando
Genre: New Adult
Release Date: May 19th 2014

When I found my boyfriend cheating on me, I did something stupid.

Or should I say, someone?

Because of that mistake, I’m now stuck in a world I don’t belong in.

I’m a law student. They’re criminals.
He’s the Vice President of a MC. I’m a good girl with a strict upbringing. 

He’s my ex-boyfriend’s brother.
And I’m screwed.



My Review: 5 stars
Chantal definitely put her own spin on the MC lifestyle. I really loved how this was told from Faye's point of view, an outsider to MC life. Faye was just awesome. I loved her spunk and her quick comebacks. Initially, I was kind of afraid for her because she was running. When Dex showed up, she was not happy and also afraid. I loved that Faye wasn't afraid to stand up for herself and that made a huge difference in where her life was headed. Faye also had a huge heart, and that made a difference as well. You have to know when to be a bitch and when to show compassion as a woman in an MC. Especially one in Faye's position. Faye didn't know what she was getting into when she slept with Dex, which was a fantasy come true for her. It was only supposed to be one night, but fate had different plans. The connection between Dex and Faye was throwing off sparks left and right. Dex confused me initially, well not just me but Faye as well. He wouldn't touch her, but didn't want anyone else doing it either. Dex did a piss poor job of explaining how he felt about Faye and what he wanted from her until she pushed him to do so. Even then he held back a piece of information that was hurtful to Faye. When that information became crystal clear, Faye was understandably upset. There were other things that Dex held back about their relationship that ended up hurting Faye as well, but by that time, I understood that he did so because he loved her and didn't want her to hurt any more than she already had been. I loved the twists and turns and how Faye stood up, not just for herself but for the others in the MC when it was needed. In a huge way too. She earned the respect of the men and women, in a difficult way, but it was something she had to do. I am looking forward to reading more about the Wind Dragons MC. Chantal made her characters interesting and very likeable, funny and vulnerable. The story line grabbed me from the start and didn't let go, I really loved that. 






933897_334070693391649_276626158_n

Chantal Fernando is 26, a mother of three beautiful little boys and lives in Western Australia. Chase is her debut novel, followed by Kade, Ryder, James and Maybe This Time. She is currently working on a few other projects.

Facebook | Goodreads


RESISTING LOVE SERIES 




MAYBE SERIES


TOXIC GIRL 




No comments:

Post a Comment