Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Driving Layne (Unspoken Truths Book #1) by Renea Porter with Review


Driving Layne 
Book One
Unspoken Truth Series


Book Blurb:
"They say, the truth will set you free. My truth is killing me."

Amber is starting over in a new state where no one knows her. New roommate, new college and most importantly new freedoms.

Away from home for the first time, Amber isn’t above using a guy for one night and leaving it at that. She doesn't want to get tied down with one person. She just wants to experience the college life and take advantage of being on her own. So, when Amber’s new BFF Renee invites her to an underground drag racing competition, Amber sets her sights on driver/playboy Layne… and their attraction is mutual.

With his good looks and boyish charm, Layne is popular with the ladies on campus, but Amber thinks one night with him is all she needs to get him out of her system. Little does Amber know that Layne sees things differently, and after their hookup he wants something more. Will Amber open up and let Layne in, or will she run away?

Will the unspoken truth be too much for either of them to handle?

Buy Links:

My Review: 5 stars
First off, this is not like any other book I've read in a long time. I loved Amber, she was so stong, fiesty, fun-loving and loyal to her friends and family. Layne surprised me because he seems to focus on Amber right away, and wouldn't let her drive him away. He was persisent, caring, gentle and so sweet. I'm not going to say much about this book, other than it's really good and have a box of tissues on stand-by when you read it. The ending totally caught me off guard and had me crying like a baby. I was just stunned and broken hearted. I want to know so much more about the awesome people in this book including Layne, Chase, Renee, Dylan and Sarah. Renea did a fantastic job writing this book, pulling me into the story and caring for these people was so easy. I can't wait to see how the rest of the series turns out. 

Bio: 
Renea loves to read. And her passion is writing. Renea Porter resides in PA with her  husband of over ten years, along with her awesome stepson. She can be found with either her phone, laptop or kindle in one hand. She also loves to bake when she makes the time to do so. 


Author Links: 
Twitter: @Renea_Porter



No comments:

Post a Comment